Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos Implements Worldwide SAFE + SOUND Program, Including 262-Point Inspection, As Properties Reopen In Time For Summer Travel
Hollywood, Florida - 6 July 2020 - Hard Rock International announced the implementation of a new health and safety plan for Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos®, as locations begin to reopen worldwide in compliance with global, national and local health officials. Hard Rock Hotels globally have implemented SAFE + SOUND, a new program developed by a team of hospitality and gaming experts in collaboration with worldwide health and sanitization specialists, including Ecolab and NSF International, formerly known as the National Sanitation Foundation, to help keep guests and team members safe and healthy. Under the new SAFE + SOUND standards established by Hard Rock, each hotel is independently assessed by NSF International and required to pass a rigorous 262-point inspection.
Just in time for summer travel, all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel properties in Cancun, Los Cabos, Riviera Maya, Punta Cana and Vallarta are open and ready to welcome guests back to enjoy the unique experiences and core brand values they've come to expect from Hard Rock in the safest environment possible. Additional North American Hard Rock Hotel locations open to guests include Daytona Beach, Orlando, San Diego and Guadalajara. The game is on at the Future Home of Hard Rock Casino® Cincinnati, as well as Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos in Tampa, Hollywood (Fla.), Lake Tahoe, Sacramento, Sioux City, Biloxi, Tulsa and Atlantic City.
Additional Hard Rock Hotels open around the globe include iconic European destinations such as Dublin, Davos and the new waterside hotel in Amsterdam. Asian properties are open in the Maldives, Desaru Coast, Singapore, Shenzhen, Penang, Pattaya and Goa, while the coastal resort in Dalian celebrated its grand opening on July 1. Additional Hard Rock Hotels including Ibiza, Tenerife and Bali are scheduled to welcome guests back by Aug. 1.
"Throughout Hard Rock's nearly 50-year-history, the safety and security of our guests and team members has always been the hallmark of our service, and we continue to deliver on that promise with SAFE + SOUND, a best-in-class program focused on enhanced cleaning practices, social interaction guidelines and workplace protocols," said Jon Lucas, Chief Operating Officer at Hard Rock International. "We've worked hand-in-hand with industry-leading experts to strike the right balance, ensuring each and every property exceeds cleanliness standards set by leading public health agencies, while still providing guests with unforgettable experiences."
The SAFE + SOUND program implements the highest level of safety, sanitization, and employee training. From the initial welcome at check-in down to each detail inside guest rooms and common areas throughout the property, there is a heightened focus on cleanliness. Additionally, Hard Rock team members have been trained by Ecolab cleaning experts on proper disinfection procedures. The plan will also incorporate elements of each properties' local, government-mandated policies. While individual property protocols may vary based on local guidelines, SAFE + SOUND protocols include, but are not limited to:
- Temperature checks for every team member, guest and vendor upon arrival
- Social distancing markers placed six feet (two meters) apart where lines can form
- Mandatory masks for all team members
- Masks required for guests in designated areas, such as check-in, elevators and public areas such as casino floors
- Seal of SAFE + SOUND on every guest room door upon arrival
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting frequency for high-touch surfaces across public areas, meeting rooms, dining areas and public restrooms
- Hand sanitizer in every public space area and all restrooms
- Team member hand washing every 60 minutes
- Plexiglass separators at front desks, check-in areas, table games, poker games and additional customer service areas
- High level infection control procedures to collect laundry
- Touchless, in-room dining service at guest room door
- Sanitization of guest luggage before it enters the lobby
- Self-service buffets have been suspended
- At pools and beaches, groups of guests are spaced six feet (two meters) apart
- Alternating slot machines are unavailable to help ensure social distancing on the casino floors
- Signs posted throughout the property to encourage social distancing and help ensure adherence to SAFE + SOUND program guidelines
- An overall reduction in guest capacity throughout casino complexes
Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos is internationally recognized as a leader in the hospitality industry – offering world-class entertainment, contemporary designs, incomparable service and one-of-a-kind brand amenities, catering to modern travelers who seek a reprieve from traditional, predictable properties. Driven by integrity, philanthropy and unparalleled guest experiences, the brand adorns 33 distinctive hotels and 12 casinos in the world's most enviable destinations. Hard Rock Hotels will continue to provide amazing live music, dining options that make guests' taste buds sing, head-to-toe wellness services and many more amenities, all while practicing social distance guidelines and adhering to SAFE+ SOUND protocols.
Sign up free to join
Get full access to the hospitality industry news
Estate Of Kirk Kerkorian Donates Additional $2 Million To The MGM Resorts Foundation For MGM Employee Emergency Grant Fund
Up to 30% less business travel - Market volume of business travel and MICE getting smaller - Increasing conference rates?
Marriott International Introduces New Content On Digital Platform For Meetings & Events
Media tech giant InterActiveCorp to invest in MGM Resorts
Historic transformation of Chicago's old Cook County Hospital into dual branded Hyatt hotel