Max Vetter from the Baur au Lac in Switzerland is World's best receptionist 2021
Geneva, Switzerland - 25 April 2021 - Max Vetter from the Baur Au Lac in Zurich (Switzerland) wins the 2021 AICR World’s Best Receptionist! First runner-up becomes Vithya Subramaniam from Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, second runner-up is Lara Droege from Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten in Hamburg (Germany).
With a 100% virtual competition over the past 8 months, and over 1,000 hotels worldwide able to submit their representatives, the International Association of Front Office Managers and Hotel Managers (AICR) have crowned the World’s Best Receptionist. The 12 national champions battled for the “David Campbell Trophy” in the international finals held in Geneva (CH). “The AICR World’s Best Receptionist has become a global competition and receptionists from all around the World are able to show their service skills,” explained Egidio Marcato, AICR Councillor and Chief Judge.
The competition format was created in 1995, and usually takes place face to face with a live role-play at the heart of the challenge. This year it has been redesigned to be 100% virtual. “Despite Covid-19, it’s fantastic that this competition has taken place,” Max Vetter said.
“Times have changed drastically, but we were not willing to accept that this will cut the opportunity for young talents in our industry to show their skills and shine on this platform,“ stated Arian Roehrle, AICR International President.
The AICR World’s Best Receptionist competition aims to find service excellence - no matter what hotel category and location, regardless of hotel company or hotel school, everyone can become part of the AICR and compete.
This year’s finalists were:
- AUSTRALIA - Lucy McNamara - Crown Metropol Melbourne
- AUSTRIA - Deborah Baranow - Park Hyatt Vienna
- CHINA - Jessica Lian - Student / Grand Hyatt Shanghai
- CÔTE D'AZUR - Antoine Pettier - Hotel Aston La Scala Nice
- GERMANY - Lara Droege - Fairmont Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg
- ITALY - Nicolas Zalonis - Hotel Le Massif Courmayeur
- PARIS - Clémence Mauray - Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
- QATAR - Iveesha Chaudhary - Sheraton Grand Doha
- SINGAPORE – Vithya Subramaniam - Marina Bay Sands Singapore
- SWITZERLAND - Max Vetter - Baur au Lac Zurich
- UAE - Marie Therese Olaguer - Mandarin Oriental Jumeira Dubai
- UK - Katharina Maria Strasser - Gleneagles Hotel Auchterarder
Sign up free to join
Get full access to the hospitality industry news
The Newbury Boston to open at Boston's most celebrated address
Bellyard West Midtown Atlanta, a Tribute Portfolio hotel, debuts today
Marriott International files lawsuit to combat fraudulent robocalls
Shangri-La steps up hiring in line with expansion plans in Asia and Middle East
Opening of Element Philadelphia, the largest property for the eco-conscious brand